06 July 2012

Marina Abramovic: The Artist is Present

File under "Must Watch!"  I watched the documentary on Marina Abramovic this past weekend.  The film chronicles the preparation for Abramovic's retrospective exhibition at MOMA in 2010 and the compelling performance work of the same name; "The Artist is Present."  This cranky gallery girl highly recommends this art doc for insight into this controversial, provocative and ground breaking, performance artist.  Ask yourself how many times you have really connected with a stranger?



















Checkout MoMA's photo stream on Flickr to see portraits of the sitters, their emotional reaction and the length of time they sat with Marina.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/themuseumofmodernart/sets/72157623741486824/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was fortunate to have seen this documentary even before I read this blog. While I admit I know little about the art world, I found Marina Abramovic to be a unique and talented artist. I loved every minute of this film.

Would that I had had the opportunity to sit across from such a charismatic person. Those who did can count themselves as being very fortunate. What an experience!!