14 August 2012

SEX (now that I've got your attention)

At the risk of my blog beginning to resemble the NY Times Obituary column, I feel compelled to pay tribute to David Rakoff and Helen Gurley Brown, both of whom shined a spotlights on Sex - Sex and the Single Girl and Sex and the Single Gay Guy.

I will truly miss hearing David's very droll voice on Saturday mornings on This American Life.  His observations and word-smithing were unparalleled and never failed to make me LOL.  His recently aired story that combined the dilemma of Kafka's Gregor Samsa changing into a cock roach in the Metamophosis with medical advise from Dr. Seuss was nothing short of brilliant.



You can listen to him here:  http://www.thisamericanlife.org/blog/2012/08/our-friend-david-rakoff

And where would we single girls be without Helen Gurley Brown?  Cosmo taught me everything!  When she died she was 90 and still working - and workin' "it."  She will always be an inspiration!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/business/media/helen-gurley-brown-who-gave-cosmopolitan-its-purr-is-dead-at-90.html?ref=obituaries

No comments: